Red, White and Blue Sparkling Sangria
Posted on: July 3, 2017
Sangria is the perfect summer beverage for all-day sipping. With Fourth of July right around the corner, try mixing up a big batch of this red, white and blue sparkling sangria for a festive and delicious treat!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 bottle sparkling wine (we recommend Bubbles Club Blanc de Blancs)
- 1 bottle white wine (we recommend LE Wines Vintner’s White)
- 1 cup simple syrup (increase or decrease amount of simple syrup to taste based on desired level of sweetness)
- In a large pitcher or drink dispenser, stir together white wine, blueberries, sliced strawberries and simple syrup. Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours to allow the flavors to mix. When you’re ready to serve, stir in champagne. Add ice, stir again and serve! Garnish glass with whole strawberries on the rim of your glass or make mini fruit skewers with leftover berries.
- You can further enhance this sangria recipe by adding your own favorite fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, pineapple or apple chunks. Add apple when you add the champagne to avoid browning.